About Mohammed Islam, M.D.
I am a Vascular Fellowship trained General Surgeon, besides general including Laparoscopic Surgery, I bring many years of extensive experience Advanced Vascular surgery/Endovascular Surgery.
I have worked as mentor to train many young surgeons in advanced endovascular surgery.
I have extensive experience in Endovenous surgery including venous ablation by different modalities incuding radio frequency, endovenous laser, Varithena. I established the OBL program at Metro Vascular and among other procedures, I am highly experienced in deep venous intervention including Iliocaval intervention, Intravascular Ultrasound, intervention for pelvic congestion syndrome. I can bring a total new dimension to an institution and be a center of excellence in the field.
- University of Chittagong, Sylhet Medical College, Bangladesh 1975-1980
Post Graduate Training
- Vascular /Endo Vascular Surgery Fellowship
- Arizona Heart Institute, Phoenix, Arizona 1995-1996
Vascular Surgery Fellowship
- Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 1994-1995
- American Board of Surgery Certification
- Diplomate, American Board of Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Certified Member, International Endovascular Society
- State Medical licensure, NewYork, Pennsylvania
Conditions & Treatments
- Varicose veins
- Spider veins
- Venous insufficiency
- venous stasis ulcer
- Facial Vein
- Face Veins
- hand veins
- Foot Veins
- veins of the arm
- veins in the arm
- Endovenous Laser Ablation
- Endovenous Radiofrequency Ablation
- sclerotherapy for spider veins
- Sclerotherapy for Varicose Veins